Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vampires, Time Travel, Real Life

21. All Together Dead - Harris

I obviously had to take some time off from Outlander when I was able to get this one because I had eagerly anticipated it far days. (A little impatient, I know)

I am really impressed with Charlaine Harris. Even though I have really enjoyed all the books in the series I was getting a little bit bored with having kind of the same plot line in each of the books. This one took Sookie completely out of her comfort zone and it was actually a bit more serious. That is probably because it was written after Hurricane Katrina. The book did mention that, and in general there was just a lot more disaster. I really enjoyed reading it, and I'm sad that it is over. Luckily I only have to wait until May for the next installment. The first chapter of From Dead to Worse was included at the end of this one so I got a little taste of what's to come. I'm looking forward to it.

And now - Outlander. It took me a bit to get into it, but now I am really enjoying it. I wasn't that interested until the woman read Claire's tea leaves and her palm. It has continued to get better from that point. More about that one when I've finished though.

In other news - I am taking Monday and Tuesday off so that I will have a four day weekend. I am hoping that it will keep my head from exploding... work has been stressful for a few days. Working at a mental health center is rewarding, but sometimes I wish I had a job that had a lower death toll. I hadn't experienced much loss in my life until the mental health center and now it has really compounded. I wonder if it is something that I will ever be able to adjust to... I also don't know if it is something that I want to adjust to. Anyway... it is difficult.

No comments: