Thursday, March 20, 2008

Still Going Strong

March 16

15. Elsewhere - Zevin

I had a very good feeling about Elsewhere. When I read the description I thought it would be similar to The Lovely Bones which I really enjoyed. It did turn out to be similar, but not quite what I expected.

Elsewhere was clearly written for younger people. It was a very quick read, but also quite good. At times I was a little bit annoyed at how childish it was, but I worked hard to keep the audience it was intended for in mind. Zevin did a very good job of creating characters that you really care about. Part of the reason why I finished in a day was that I just really wanted to know how Liz's journey would progress. It had great ups and downs. I really enjoyed the read.

Up next: Living Dead in Dallas - Harris

No comments: