Thursday, March 20, 2008

Done

March 16

14. Tinker - Spencer

I finished this one a whole lot quicker than I thought I would. Tinker is the most original fantasy book that I have read in a very long time. It has the feel of regular fantasy (I think it is called High Fantasy or something like that), but it blends technology in as well. It is often difficult to separate magic from science. I just really don't know where to begin for this book. It is just all around surprising. I'd get to a point where I felt like I knew how everything was going to be and then there would suddenly be a steamy sex scene. Then there would be a description of fairly extreme gore. There is romance, action, fantasy, science fiction, and more. This book has pretty much anything that you could think of.

I guess I just have to say "Wow." So someone recommended this a long time ago. I don't remember who, but I would like to thank that person because this book restores my faith in the fantasy genre. It is nice to know that once you've sifted through all the typical books and have ended up thoroughly frustrated with the lack of selection that you can still find something that is truly original.

All right, I'm done gushing. Now I've just got to decide what to read next. I got a box of books from amazon today and I don't know what to choose.

No comments: