Saturday, March 22, 2008

Not an Addict

I thought I'd pop in here briefly to talk about the reading that I've done in the past two-ish days.

18. Dead to the World - Harris
19. Dead as a Doornail - Harris

So I've pretty much not stopped reading in the past few days... with the exception of working. (But even then I read on my lunch break)
These two books have been every bit as good as the others by Harris. They really sweep you up. I've been thinking about it a bit, and I've realized that they are addictive like Buffy the Vampire Slayer is addictive. They're not like great literature or anything, (Sorry Charlaine) but they have all sorts of twists and turns. They are brimming with sexual tension. There is romance, action, fantasy, etc.
I think I am just surprised that I have become so immersed in these books when they are so different from what I usually read. I do, of course, read fantasy a lot but they don't usually contain scenes that make me blush. Seriously - They're naughty. Interesting that Sookie goes from being a virgin to being kind of a slut.
Anyhow... all I'm saying is that it is unusual, but I won't fight it. I am enjoying the books as much as and as quickly as possible despite the effect that the total immersion kind of conflicts with real life. My husband is still driven crazy by the constant reading and he is still threatening to call the people that run the show Intervention because I so obviously need one. ;) I could totally quit if I wanted to with no problem. I just don't want to... Trust me... I've got it under control.

I suppose that it should go without saying that I'm well into Definitely Dead at this point and that's okay.

No comments: