Saturday, April 12, 2008

When did I get so slow?

23. The Magician's Guild - Canavan

So after attacking the monster that is Outlander I decided that I needed to read something a little bit lighter. The Magician's Guild was lighter, but not as light as I thought it would be. The story as a whole is interesting, but it was a struggle to move through some parts. I'm interested in finding out what happens in the next book in the series, but I don't know that I am willing to actually read that book. I don't know if I have the patience to wade through the boring just to find out what happens. I liked the story, but I didn't really enjoy all the reading. I don't know if that even makes sense, but there it is.

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell is what I decided to read next, but now that I am a few pages in I am not so sure. I think I need to read some fluff before I attack that one. we'll see what happens.

In other non-reading news:
Patrick and I are still struggling to find an apartment that is affordable and allows cats. Every day I get more pissed off because of the ridiculously high rental rates in this town. And then today we couldn't even look because our newspaper website is only showing one classified ad. it is a help wanted ad for the newspaper. I was in a grumpy mood so I wrote a complaint. It is hard enough to find a place in this town without having to fall behind all the people who are able to subscribe to the newspaper. The classifieds online are already one day behind what is current. Missing this whole day does not help our chances of finding something.

All right, that's all the bitching I have time for right now.

No comments: