Sunday, April 20, 2008

Books based on TV shows

24. Angel: Image - Odom

So, I did decide that I should read some fluff before attempting Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I like fluffy books. When I was doing some hardcore ordering from paperbackswap.com I got a bunch of books based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. I have been feeling the pull of the shows once again so I decided to read a book based on Angel. It was good. Not spectacular, not bad - just good. I still want to watch the shows though. I don't know what I'll read next.

In non-reading news:
*Last night Patrick and I went to Bozeman's first drag show. It was called Revolution. I don't know about Patrick, but I haven't had that much fun in a long time. It was hilarious. All the performers were great. We were sitting pretty close to the stage (Third row) and as soon as Foxxy V. Love came out and started interacting with the audience I was wishing that we had sat further away. (Only because we're shy. lol) So over the course of the show we got sprayed with a penis shaped water gun (courtesy of Sharon Fluids), our faces were brushed with a pink fan made out of feathers (Foxxy V. Love), and my husband got a lap dance form Mercedes Benz. It was a hilarious and very fun evening... especially after two very drunk girls who kept crawling onto the stage were removed from the building. It really gives me a little more faith in Bozeman. It is great to know that we can experience such diversity in a Montana town.

*The Ben Folds show is Tuesday! I'm really excited. We've got front row seats and I am so excited I could die. Nothing more to say about that. I will absolutely update after the show. I cannot wait!!!

*Sometimes it feels like we are fighting a losing battle in trying to find an affordable apartment that we can have a pet in. This town is infuriating. We've got calls out on a few places, but we'll see what happens. It is really hard to get the more affordable places because there is so much competition for them. So yeah... that's really frustrating. I hope we can find something soon. We had a stray kitty come to our door last week and I really wanted to keep her. She was absolutely beautiful and I am sure that she and Dru would've gotten along if they would have had the chance. We took her to the Humane Society. I am sure that they had found her owners if she had them or she is already adopted because she was so cute and lovable.

No comments: