Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm a Dork and I Don't Care

25. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Little Things - Moesta
26. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Power of Persuasion - Massie

Still going on with that little Buffy obsession. These books are really guilty pleasures. They are really corny and quite teeny-boppery, but I really enjoy them.

Little Things was really fun because the villains were faeries that are vampires. Buffy and friends have to think small in order to defeat the baddies. This one took place after Spike had been implanted with the chip that hurts him if he hurts humans. Spike is one of my favorite Buffy characters so it was nice to see him playing a good sized part. I had forgotten how protective he was of Dawn.

Power of Persuasion was fun too. I really love mythology and this book took well known Goddesses and put them in the Buffy Universe. I won't reveal too much here because that's no fun, but there is some pretty sick stuff in this book. haha.

One of the things that I just really love about Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel (On TV and in Books) is that the writers often take a well known story and twist it so it is something vaguely familiar. And then when you realize what is going on at the end you want to kick yourself because you should have known all along. I still have quite a collection of Buffy and Angel books left in my pile of books to be read and so I'll probably keep going with them for awhile until I get sick of them or I finish them.

Now it is time for a bit more about the Ben Folds show. I am so sad that it is over because I'm sure that he'll never be back to Montana. He played a huge variety of stuff. Army and Not the Same were great because they are the major audience participation ones. As soon as he started Zak and Sara things got a little more wild and so everyone was standing. We were like ten feet from him. It was awesome. The audience sang Bitches Ain't Shit word for word which is hilarious because it is actually a cover of a Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg song. I don't know. It was just awesome - the whole experience, and now I want to do it again and again. I feel a little depressed though. I've never experienced that after a concert. I think it is because it is going to be one hell of a long time before anyone really worth seeing comes to Bozeman again. When I lived in Michigan it was different because everyone goes there. There are actually large cities in Michigan, but Montana... well no one really thinks of Montana.

C'est la vie

No comments: