Saturday, March 21, 2009

I should change the name of this blog to Eternally Absent and Occasional Posts

But I'm not going to. Even though I don't post enough I still like my blog.

Right now I am re-reading The Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It is great.

Here are a couple little stories about the first time I read it:

1. I was working in a factory at the time and I feared my brain was turning to mush because of the monotony so I always brought a book in to read on my break. Well when I brought in the Guide I got a lot of funny comments. Someone actually asked if I was reading the dictionary... never mind the large print on the spine saying The Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Loved it.

2. I left the book lying on the table at my mom's house. She came out with it completely dismayed. "You're reading a book on hitchhiking?!?" Of course she thought that I was going to take up hitchhiking and because I read everything I was reading a book on how to do it properly. She calmed a bit when I told her it was fiction... but seriously... hahaha.

I understand the mistakes (I guess)... it really is a monster of a book, but still.

In other news - I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2008. Having babies is something that I have always wanted and the fact that I have failed to become pregnant after years of not preventing is frustrating. I got complete blood work done today and will hopefully get some answers about what exactly is wrong with my and confirm my diagnosis in the next week. Then I will receive active treatment as opposed to being popped onto a birth control pill and sent on my way. (Honestly - who says 'Oh, you want to have babies, but your cycles are messed up? Take this birth control and never come back... it will all be fine'.) I really like my new doctor. :)

No comments: